Thursday, May 8, 2014
2014 Flying Pig Marathon Race Recap: God In Heart, God In Soul, God InSpirit
Usually I would have something to write about, but this time I don't have much to say. In all honesty my laptop broke after the marathon and I notice after a few days past the event I get writers block. Instead I would like to list 10 thoughts I have about this race and just leave it at that.
1. This Marathon had the best spectators of all the marathons I have ever ran so far.
2. At the last mile of my marathon the thoughts came through my head...God In Heart, God In Soul, God In Spirit...and I just chanted this to the finish.
3. I read 3 race recaps before running this race and it helped me tremendously become an actual finisher. Find them here, here and here.
4. I think traveling is just as exciting as running the marathon, but running a marathon makes traveling worth the experience.
5. Although traveling greyhound makes these races affordable, I had to keep my guard up!
6. This race was fast, but slow. In other words runners passed me very fast the whole way through, while I ran slowly.
7. At one point of the race I felt like I was flying.
8. Mile 25 felt like more that just one mile.
9. My Garmin did not pick up a signal.
10. I did not pace myself until the last 7 or so miles. I just ran free, and that was fun.
Finish time 4:24
Next Marathon: Delaware